torsdag 5 mars 2015

When everything's just..too much

I'm sitting at my new favorite spot, daily grind, having a smoothie packed with fruits which I really need. I have one class tonight then it's just presentations and turning in all the papers next week. My second quarter at Antioch is DONE, and I am so ready for it to be over.

Not that I don't enjoy being  at school, it's just that this year has started off really really..weird, and I feel like all the school work is falling behind since my mind is super occupied by outer factors.

Before I start writing about anything else, I want to express my deepest condolences for Austin's family and friends. He was a fellow student at Antioch, and I had classes with him at city college as well. His sudden passing was a shock to the entire school community, and my heart breaks thinking about it. I have been struggling with it a whole lot, and I have been thinking a lot about my own life, what I want to do and where I want to live etc.

Just to switch subject and talk about something positive, I have decided to write about some things that I have been requested to write about! My lifestyle. So I will try to describe a day off in Malena's life as short and consist as possible;

Wake up; 6 am. Drink a glass of water, roll out my yoga mat. Seated meditation for about 10 minutes before I do a yoga sequence. These sequences look different every morning, it all depends on what I feel like doing. I listen to my body and let it decide.
Make coffee, with coconut french vanilla (it's so yummie). Head down to the gym and get on the stair master for about 30-50 minutes, and then I usually spend 10 minutes stretching afterwards.

Breakfast; my absolute favorite meal of the day! Oatmeal with egg whites in it. I put one banana and blueberries in it, put on some unsweetened apple sauce from Trader Joe's (my fav place to do groceries), and top it with coconut milk.

Lunch; I usually make brown rice pasta, with shrimp, cottage cheese, olives and balsamic vinaigrette mixed up. That's one of my favorites and it's so fast. Or I do the same kind of mix, with some sort of meat, cottage cheese, some veggies and balsamic and put it in Ezeikel wraps. These wraps are called "protein wraps" and they are really good for you. I love them because I stay full for a long time. I usually eat 2, but if you don't consider yourself a very hungry person (like me) then 1 will def be enough.

Dinner; Usually the same as lunch, if I don't feel like making banana pancakes for example. Mash 2 bananas, mix with 3 eggs, and cook in a pan using coconut oil. That is enough for 5 big pancakes (yes I eat a lot) and I usually eat them with berries, and I sprinkle honey all over them.

Tips for healthy snacks are; RICE CAKES. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love rice cakes. I put cream cheese on them, then some banana and honey on it. It's super yummie, I promise!

And as far as my workout routine goes, I do yoga every morning, but I am at the gym about 4 times a week. If I am not at the gym though, I take walks. I love walking and if I am going DT for example, I usually walk from Oceano. It's about a 30 min walk.

That's it!

I am gonna go back to studying now..1 more week to go! I can do it.







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar